Xceed Binary Encoding Library is a library for Windows developers that allows applications to encode binary data and files into text and vice-versa. Encoding binary to text is necessary when sending binary data over some transports, such as email, or placing binary data in a text file such as an XML text document. The library can encode or decode memory buffers, strings, blobs, streaming data or single files and supports a variety of popular encoding methods.
特征综述 About Feature
The Xceed Binary Encoding Library is a library for Windows developers that allows applications to encode binary data and files into text and vice-versa.
Encoding binary to text is necessary when sending binary data over some transports, such as email, or placing binary data in a text file such as an XML text document. Another area where encoding becomes necessary is when sending someone a digital signature or an encryption key.
- The library can encode or decode memory buffers, strings, blobs, streaming data or single files. The library supports a variety of popular encoding methods, including UUEncode, XXEncode, Base64, Binhex and Quoted-Printable.
- Like all Xceed components, this library is designed to be flexible yet extremely easy to use. In fact, it only takes one line of code to encode or decode memory or files.
- A single line of code can even be used to chain together multiple Xceed components like the Xceed Encryption Library and the Xceed Streaming Compression Library, so you can compress, encrypt and encode data into text just as easily as possible.
- A single fully self-contained COM object and ActiveX control written with ATL 3.0.
- Requires no external DLLs, ATL, MFC or runtime libraries.
- Both single-threaded (STA) and multi-threaded apartment (MTA) model design.
- Instantiate the component dynamically without putting it on a form.
- Supports multiple instances running simultaneously.
- When running on Windows NT, 2000 or XP, the library automatically switches to native Unicode API calls for best performance.
- ActiveX control interface has all constants, enumerations and types built-in. Code completion, property categories, help strings and context-sensitive F1-help fully supported.
- Works with all 32-bit development environments that can use ActiveX controls, including VB, VC++, Delphi, C++ Builder, VFP, Office, Web scripting languages, ASP and DCOM projects
Encoding and decoding
- Fast, low memory usage algorithms.
- Supports a variety of encoding and decoding types: UUEncode, XXEncode, Base64, Binhex, Quoted-Printable and plain Hexadecimal.
- Encode and decode directly from one memory buffer to another.
- Encode and decode from file to memory or from memory to file.
- Encode and decode from one file to another.
- All encoding and decoding modes support streaming data.
- Compliant with RFC-2045, RFC-1741 and RFC-2045.
- Can efficiently and automatically work with the Xceed Streaming Compression Library and the Xceed Encryption Library to compress, decompress, encrypt or decrypt data before encoding or decoding it.
Documentation and samples
- Complete, comprehensive documentation provided in an MSDN style HTML format which is fully context-sensitive so that pressing F1 on a keyword in your IDE opens up the manual to the correct relevant topic.
- Fully commented sample applications for various languages, including VB, Delphi, Visual C++ with ATL and MFC, C++ Builder and Active Server Pages